Our latest newsletter is now available :
I’ve put all the story videos we’ve read over the last 2 weeks into one video. It’s just under an hour long and I thought it might be useful for children looking for more stories and for parents needing a little bit of a break 😉
I’m sad to say that, following the recent announcement by the First Minister, Cambusbarron Villahe Nursery will be closing at the end of the week until further notice. We are still awaiting confirmation of details and will pass these on as soon as we can.
The staff team are working on providing some home link activities to support children and families at this time.
We thank you in advance for your understanding and patience.
We spent the morning exploring the woods today. We walked to the Walled Garden, along to the Curling Ponds (where we found frog spawn!) up to the Swimming Pool and back down through the Dark Woods. It was pouring with rain most of the time and so we enjoyed lots of splashing and stomping in muddy puddles.
We have been asked to share the following information on coronavirus, COVID-19.
The general principles which help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses are :
- washing your hands often – with soap and water, this is particularly important after taking public transport
- covering your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throwing the tissue in a bin.
- people who feel unwell should stay at home and should not attend work or any
education or early learning and childcare setting
- children, pupils, students, staff and visitors should wash their hands:
- before leaving home
- on arrival at nursery
- after using the toilet
- after breaks and sporting activities
- before food preparation
- before eating any food, including snacks
- before leaving school/setting
- use an alcohol based hand sanitiser that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available
- avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- if you are worried about your symptoms or those of a child or colleague, please call your GP or NHS24 (111). Do not go directly to your GP or other healthcare environment but phone.
- see further information on HPS COVID-19 website and NHS Inform
Face masks for the general public, pupils or students, or staff are not recommended to protect from infection, as there is no evidence of benefit from their use outside healthcare environments.
Full details available at :